The application for GCC 2022 closed on June 8, 2022. Successful applicants will be notified in July 2022.
The GCC welcomes applications from graduate students conducting climate-related research in any discipline. Eligible applicants must be enrolled in a graduate program in Fall 2022. We encourage abstract submissions from diverse fields such as atmospheric sciences, biology, environmental management, forestry and fisheries sciences, oceanography, communication, public policy studies, urban planning, public health, and any other climate-related disciplines. The research does not need to be complete and can include proposed research in its early stages. All participants are required to give a research presentation (oral presentation or poster) during the conference with limited spots available for oral presentations. We value and encourage the contributions from individuals from underrepresented groups in STEM.
All attendees share either an oral or a poster presentation about their research. There are a limited number of oral presentation slots available. Additional information regarding the presentation formats is available on the Logistics page.
In addition to your basic contact information, the application will require you to submit:
- an abstract (max 250 words) describing your research, reviewed for:
- Clearly stated relevance to climate
- Scientific merit (contribution of original research with clear broader implications)
- Clarity of message and ideas
- Accessibility to all GCC participants (across many fields)
- a personal statement (max 250 words) describing how you see yourself contributing to the GCC and the larger research community that highlights any of the following:
- Special interests, perspectives, skills, or future goals
- Aspects of your personal history, background, or identity that have shaped and impacted your experience in science
- Demonstrated experience or interest in contributing to service, teaching, mentoring, and/or efforts to support diversity and inclusion
- We are looking for authenticity, not any specific response. Please refrain from restating your resume or CV (we’re not looking for a list of awards, accomplishments, etc.).
- your preference for an oral/poster presentation
- if you require travel assistance funding to attend the conference
Completed applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time on Wednesday, June 8th, 2022. Approximately 120 participants will be selected to attend the conference. Selection decisions will be emailed back by early July. Applicants also may be contacted for additional information at a later date.